So we are already in the middle of the Holiday Season. Parties galore, happy hour specials, brunch with friends… it never ends… and if you are anything like me, sticking to “the diet” can be tough during this time. Here are a few tips that might help you survive without packing on the pounds or losing momentum:
1. If you are drinking alcohol, alternate your adult beverages with club soda or ice water.
2. Go for the raw vegetables and/or salad first.
3. Don’t skip meals prior to an event because you know you’ll be going all out on the buffet. This may cause you to really overdo it and eat way too much at once.
4. Have a plate full of colorful vegetables and a piece of protein… allow yourself some time to breathe before hitting the buffet for round 2.
5. Skip desserts altogether…. go for fruit, if that is an option.
6. If you do indulge, don’t stress about it or try to make up for it with “extra” cardio the next day… just drink a lot of water and get back into your routine.